WHAT: For the 98th year, the Santa Barbara Fiesta Stock Horse Show and Rodeo at the Earl Warren Showgrounds kicks off August 4, 2022. The event will bring together the best horsemen and women from the local TriCounties (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura) as they show off their riding and roping skills. The public is welcome to come watch competitors in the stock horse classes (August 4 – 5) at no cost. Weekend rodeo performance tickets are available for $15-30 at https://sbfiestarodeo.org/tickets/.
WHO: Old Spanish Days in Santa Barbara, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation dedicated to honoring and preserving Santa Barbara’s history, spirit, culture, heritage and traditions. This 90+-year-old organization produces an annual five day festival — Fiesta — that is widely regarded as Santa Barbara’s premier festival.
WHY: The Earl Warren Showgrounds, the 19th District Agricultural Association, was created in 1955 to house the National Horse Show and remains a cornerstone in enabling the Santa Barbara and surrounding communities to celebrate and experience the deep agricultural and equestrian history of the area. The showgrounds also serve as a key location for the care and safekeeping of animals in the event of wildfires and natural disasters, as it is the only local facility that can facilitate more than 1,000 large animals.
- August 4-7, 2022 at the Earl Warren Showgrounds (3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105). Enter gate B to park and follow the walkway to the equestrian arenas.
- Daytime stock horse classes will take place on:
○ Thursday, August 4 at 9:00am, 11:00am, and 5:00pm
○ Friday, August 5 at 8:00am
- PRCA Rodeo performances will take place on:
○ Friday, August 5 at 7:30pm
○ Saturday, August 6 at 7:30pm
○ Sunday, August 7 at 2:00pm